Our online Digital Skills course is ideal for people wanting to gain an understanding and grounding in using the internet, online safety and broader digital skills such digital photography, social networking, digital media and much more.
You can study at home, at your own pace, covering seven core areas:
– Social networking – learn how to set up your profiles, the andlsquo;language and protocols’ of social networking sites such as facebook, how to join and use groups, privacy and parental controls
– Online basics – become familiar with searching the internet, using webmail, Skype, anti-virus measures and software, parental controls and SPAM
– Digital photography – gain in confidence and increase your knowledge of digital cameras, transferring photos, editing photos, creating cards, calendars and much more
– Digital music – getting started using a media player, downloading and sharing music files on the internet and interfacing your media player with your computer
– Digital media – understand different media types, how to store digital media, different audio and video formats, create backups and use Bluetooth
– Computer basics – including safeguarding your computer, managing folders and files, using email and common terms and concepts
– Audio and video software – use video cameras and camcorders with confidence, edit video clips, add photos to a movie file, title movies, transitions and effects.
The course takes around 100 hours to complete and is provided in an e-learning format. You’ll also receive the support and encouragement from our friendly course advisors. Having completed the course you will be well placed to gain the BCS Entry Level Certificate In Digital Skills (ITQ) (Entry 3) (QCF) qualification.
Once your training is complete, you will gain a Pitman Training Certificate and be able to put the highly regarded Pitman Training name on your CV.