This intensive, six week course will increase your ability to lead, motivate and manage a team in the human services and non-profit sector. After completing the certified programme, you will:
- Understand the critical factors that determine how you manage
- Possess the tools required to evaluate, extend and improve your personal and organisational management capabilities
Who is this course for?
The course is for current/prospective first line supervisors and managers who are looking to enhance their leadership, motivational, team-building and management skills in an accredited programme developed specifically for the social care and non-profit sector.
It is particularly suitable for people engaged in continuing professional development. Upon successful completion, you will receive 10 educational credits towards a Level 6 Applied Management award that can be used as a platform to gain further qualifications.
After successfully completing the course you should be able to:
- Describe and critically discuss key aspects of managing people
- Employ a number of theories that are used to explain the management of people â
- Critically examine how people are managed in your organisation
- Analyse and evaluate how you manage other people
- Formulate development
The course covers the following topics:
- Who do you manage?
- Providing feedback
- How to support your staff
- Managing your manager
- The key skills required to manage volunteers
- Group dynamics, development and performance factors
- The elements of effective teamwork
- Team building: a process model
- Leadership theories
- The traits of an effective leader
- How managers can lead
- Motivation theories
- How to motivate your self and your team
- The cause and effect of conflict
- The difference between position and issue in conflict situations
- The ACT model
The course is certified by QQI as a Level 6 Award. Successful participants will be awarded a Certificate in Key Management Skills: Teamwork Leadership and Communications. Successful participants will hold 10 credits against the Certificate in Applied Management (Human services).
Dates and Duration
The next course starts on Monday, November 5th, 2018 and will run for 6 weeks:
Application deadline: January 28th, 2019
- Introductory eLearning preparation commences: February 4th, 2019
- Key Management Skills commences: February 11th, 2019
- Workshop/Seminar (Dublin): February 18th, 2019
- Assignment due Date: March 24th, 2019
Apply via the Online Application Centre on opentrainingcollege.com.
To find out more, contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call him on 01-299580.
You can also enquire via an Enquiry Form on the opentrainingcollege.com website.