This Competency Based Interviewee Preparation will give attendees an understanding of how to prepare for upcoming interviews (face to face or online) and get an understanding of the purpose and structure of competency based interviews.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will:
- Understand the purpose and nature of competency based interviews;
- Know how to prepare for a competency based interview face to face or online;
- Know how to prepare for competency based application form to be selected at shortlisting stage;
- Have an understanding of the skills required to perform effectively at the interview including an understanding of approaches to answering questions;
- Know and be able to apply the STAR Technique to answering questions at the interview;
- Understand interview etiquette; Have an awareness of the potential pitfalls at interviews online and face to face which lose marks;
- Reflect on their relevant experience to date equips them for promotional posts to which they aspire;
- Reflect on how their relevant experience in their current role and elsewhere is transferable to the roles/functions.
During the workshop, the focus will be on:
- How to prepare for your next interview;
- Understanding the role requirements in terms of the duties and responsibilities;
- Assessing how your experience and competence meets the role requirements;
- Highlighting the preparation required in terms of both Application Form / CV presentation and the interview itself;
- The STAR Technique to answer completing application forms and engaging in interviews;
- Understanding the questioning techniques of the interview board;
- Potential pitfalls and interview etiquette (face to face or online);
- How to give your best performance on the day.
This course has been modified for delivery as a half day workshop. It will be delivered remotely via MS Teams and facilitated by subject matter experts.
This workshop is offered on the following dates:
- 18 September 2023
- 6 October 2022
- 10 November 2023
- 4 December 2023