This Competency Based Interviewee Preparation will give attendees an understanding of how to prepare for upcoming interviews (face to face or online) and get an understanding of the purpose and structure of competency based interviews.
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will have developed an understanding of:
- What employers are looking for in terms of examining role requirements and competencies;
- The structure and process of the competency based interview;
- How best to present themselves in person or online and display their competence.
During the webinar, the focus will be on:
- How to prepare for your next interview;
- Understanding the role requirements in terms of the duties and responsibilities;
- Assessing how your experience and competence meets the role requirements;
- Highlighting the preparation required in terms of both Application Form / CV presentation and the interview itself;
- The STAR Technique to answer completing application forms and engaging in interviews;
- Understanding the questioning techniques of the interview board;
- Potential pitfalls and interview etiquette (face to face or online);
- How to give your best performance on the day.
This course has been modifed for delivery as a one-hour webinar. It will be delivered remotely via MS Teams and facilitated by subject matter experts.
This one-hour webinar is offered on the following dates:
- 22 September 2020 (10:00am – 11:00am)
- 12 October 2020 (10:00am – 11:00am
- 13 November 2020 (10:00am – 11:00am)