Award: NFQ Level 9 Major Award
The Irish Centre for Business Excellence (ICBE) has partnered with the University of Limerick (UL) to deliver Ireland’s first apprenticeship at level 9 (MSc): The Master of Science in Strategic Quality Management – Lean Sigma Systems. This course is run in conjunction with industry partners.
This Executive Management Apprenticeship will give you a Master Black Belt level knowledge of theories, methods and improvement techniques based around the philosophy of scientific management, lean thinking and six sigma. The masters qualification will prepare you as a Lean Sigma Manager to apply lean sigma methods in the definition, design, research, development, utilisation, maintenance and cost-control of projects and business processes. Graduates will have the competencies to deliver products/services, improve qualities and reduce costs of overall business and the products/services provided.
There is a strong focus on integrating the application of the concepts, tools and techniques in the participants’ organisation during this course. There is significant directed project work applying the lean sigma concepts, which meets the requirements of a masters level programme to develop significant skills in the field of lean sigma management.
This programme is suitable for professionals who:
- Are responsible for or actively engaged in organisational improvement and development through the use of quality management.
- Wish to develop a comprehensive understanding of the theory and practical application of quality management tools and techniques.
- Are continuously exploring ways to bring new technologies into the organisationin order to enhance delivery and keep costs low. Understands the impact of digitization and automation.
- Seek recognition as a Master Black Belt in Lean and Six Sigma.
- Have a degree or considerable industrial experience in the field
This two year programme is structured for blended delivery of online learning and face to face sessions which minimizes time ‘off the job’.
Employers must be approved by SOLAS and commit to support the apprentice throughout the programme.
Programme participants should hold a NFQ level 8 at minimum level 2.2 in a relevant area. Applicants who have completed a level 8 apprenticeship in a related field are also eligible to apply.
Applicants with a lower qualification may also be considered provided they can prove to have considerable industrial experience as well as evidence of the ability to study at Masters Level.
Start dates: Autumn and Spring
More information available at: https://www.ul.ie/gps/lean-sigma-manager-apprenticeship. Please use the ‘course enquiry’ to contact UL with any queries.