ITEC LEVEL 5 DIPLOMA SPORTS MASSAGE
Every Sunday evening for 14 weeks (5pm – 8pm)Practical Class
ITEC Sports Massage Diploma
(NEW Blended Learning Format)
Students learn the course theory content online via our new dedicated online learning platform but also attend in – house practical Sports massage class each week for the duration of the course. Full remote support is given at all times to students
On successful completion of this fantastic internationally recognised qualification, therapists will be fully qualified to work with sports teams, professional competitive and amateur athletes, along with leisure clubs and centres.
This is an excellent qualification for those new to the sports and leisure industry with no previous qualifications necessary. It is also an excellent additional qualification for those already qualified as Personal Trainers. If already holding a Personal Trainer qualification, the ITEC Level 5 Diploma in Sports Massage will immediately open the doors to you to expand your career further with the added benefits to your resume as a Sports Massage therapist, therefore giving you more knowledge and having further services to offer your clients. This is especially beneficial when working with sports teams and athletes.
- Understand and explain the changes that occur during exercise to the muscular system.
- Understand and explain the effects of stress on muscles during sport.
- Understand and explain the principles of training.
- Understand and explain over training.
- Understand the principles of force and motion.
- Understand and explain the principles of injury prevention and management.
- Understand and explain the stages of the healing process and the possible treatments available.
- Understand the preventative and rehabilitative training to reinforce massage treatments.
- Understand the effects and benefits of stretching.
- Understand and explain the signs and symptoms of inflammation.
- Understand and explain scar tissue.
- Understand and explain the effects of massage on muscle and other soft tissue.
- Understand, explain and demonstrate the classical massage movements.
- Understand, explain and demonstrate sports massage techniques according to the clients condition and needs.
- Understand and explain specific Sports Massage techniques.
- Understand, explain in detail and demonstrate the common sports injuries that can be treated after medical approval
- Covid Safety for Sports Massage
This course runs every Sunday evening for 14 weeks.
5pm – 8pm Sprint College, Gorey, Co. Wexford
Course Fees: €1,500 Please note that there are no hidden costs. Fees include all books, notes, exams/assessments and tuition.
Deposit: A €315 non-refundable deposit is required to hold a place on this course.
Easy Payment Plan: €315 deposit, plus 4 instalments of €315 (€1575 in total). Fees must be paid in full prior to sitting exams/assessments
Government grants may be available for this course depending on individual circumstances. For further information on this contact your local Development Office and/or Social Welfare Office. Our ITEC courses are a part of the National Qualification Framework, which is a requirement for funding
Sprint College, Gorey, Co.Wexford.
Course runs subject to minimum numbers.
Please note: This diploma is aligned by the QQI as Level 5 on the NQF (UK Ofqual Level 3 & EQF Level 4) and that the UK Ofqual Level 3 is stated on the final diploma issued.