This diploma course takes 150 hours flexi-study and there are eight core subjects, plus one elective module with a wide range of choices such as telephone techniques, receptionist skills and health and safety essentials. Core subject areas covered include:
• Typing and keyboard skills – learn to be confident at touch typing .
• Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word – learn spreadsheet, database and word processing skills to a good business standard .
• Microsoft PowerPoint – become confident in creating slide presentations.
• Microsoft Outlook – learn how to share, manage and schedule information electronically .
• Business document production – develop skills and understanding of routine and complex business documents necessary for this role.
• Communication at work – learn to communicate effectively in an office environment using English language skills for business, body language, dress codes and writing effective emails.