Managers are leaders in their own right and it is therefore important that they have effective leadership skills. Leadership skills are necessary for the efficient running of a company. Without effective leadership managers whither under pressure, communicate poorly with staff, promote lower morale, delegate responsibility inefficiently and cost companies money. When managers are equipped with the necessary leadership skills they make the correct split-second decisions under pressure, inspire confidence in their staff, improve morale and ensure the effective running of a company.
This course is designed to assist managers to develop their leadership skills. Different leadership styles will be discussed as well as how to choose and develop ones own personal leadership style.
– To gain an understanding of the different styles of leadership
– To investigate ones own style of leadership
– To develop an effective individual style of leadership
– To set out clear guidelines for effective leadership.
– Introduction to Leadership
– The Roles Leaders Play
– Different Styles of Leadership
– Choosing a Style that Best Suits You
– Developing Your Personal Leadership Style
– Inspiring Confidence Amongst Staff
– Communications skills
– Motivational skills.
– Assertiveness Training
– The Dynamic Modern Leader
Participants receive the Griffin College Certificate in Introduction to Leadership.
Participants have the option to receive the ILM Unit Certificate in ‘ Understanding Leadership ‘ on completion of a written assignment and payment of the ILM student registration and certification fee.
ILM is part of City and Guilds.