The overall aim of this strategic management course is to enable learners to build the skills, knowledge and competence in the principles of strategic management to inform strategy creation and implementation in an organisation. The module requires learners to undertake a number of strategic management tasks based on a case study provided. This will facilitate active learning allowing learners to link theory to practice and demonstrate their learning on the programme. The programme covers:
- An overview of the nature of strategy and the management system.
- The benefits of strategy and common problems with strategy.
- An overview of the approaches to developing a strategy.
- A process for strategy development including the creation of mission and values, vision (strategic goals), completing a strategic analysis and formulating strategy.
- Techniques for strategy implementation in an organisation.
- Organisational structures and the impact of strategy on structure.
- Best practice for managing and implementing change.
- Devising operational plans based on strategic plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of plans.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that learners can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. This course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access
Who should complete this course?
- Business strategists and marketing professionals.
- Business Owners and Managers who have responsibility for developing business strategy.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 Certificate / Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or relevant life or work experience.
- Learners must have access to an organisation where they can determine the strategy development process.
- As this NFQ level 6 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland
Topics covered in this strategic management course
Unit 1: The nature of strategy
Unit 2: Developing strategy
Unit 3: Implementing and controlling strategy
- This strategic management course is assessed through an Assignment and a Project where candidates complete a range of activities relevant to the nature of strategy, developing strategy, implementing and controlling strategy.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Strategic Management (6N4207).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the
- National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.