This ILM Certificate in Service Improvement course comprehensively covers Lean Six-Sigma techniques and tools. Lean comprises a range of business practice for eliminating Waste to focus on value-added activities. The course covers the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) process and is very practical in nature. The course has been designed to apply to both manufacturing and service organisations.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this ILM Certificate in Service Improvement (Lean Six-Sigma) course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Certificate in Service Improvement (Lean Six-Sigma) course?
- System and Process Designers: Ideal for professionals involved in system and process design, where Lean Six-Sigma’s waste elimination and value-addition focus are crucial. These roles often require innovative solutions to optimize processes, a key element in Lean Six-Sigma practices.
- Production Managers and Service Delivery Professionals: Suitable for those managing production or service delivery, as the course’s Lean Six-Sigma techniques are essential in these areas for streamlining operations and improving service quality.
- IT Design and Development Specialists: This course is beneficial for IT professionals, especially those involved in software development life cycle (SDLC) or agile methodologies. Lean Six-Sigma skills can significantly enhance their ability to manage projects more efficiently and effectively.
- Project Managers and Business Analysts: Project managers and business analysts who seek to integrate Lean Six-Sigma principles into their work will find this course valuable. These principles can lead to more efficient project execution and better analytical insights in various business scenarios.
- Marketing Professionals Seeking Process Improvement Skills: For marketing professionals aiming to incorporate process improvement techniques into their skillset, this course offers valuable insights. Lean Six-Sigma techniques can be applied to streamline marketing processes and enhance overall efficiency.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 (Ireland) certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their initiative.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
Unit 1: Identifying and Defining Problems
- Lean production and manufacturing
- DMAIC methodology
- The eight sources of ‘waste’
- Identifying projects for improvement
- Scoping projects
- The ‘Define’ stage (D)
Unit 2: Measurement and Analysis of Problems
- The ‘Measure’ stage (M)
- Value stream mapping
- The ‘Analyse’ stage (A)
- Root cause analysis
- Voice of the customer
- Lean ‘SWOT analysis’
Unit 3: Designing and Implementing Lean Business Improvement Plans
- The ‘Improve’ stage (I)
- Creative ways to generate solutions
- Screening and prioritising solutions
- Designing the ‘future state’
- Pilot testing
- Executing full-scale implementation
- The ‘Control’ stage (C)
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- All work submitted must be your work. There is no exam for this course.
- Learners will need to identify and implement a service improvement in an organisation, as the basis of their assessments.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- CMIT is registered and approved with ILM to offer programmes leading to ILM qualifications.
- UK: Following successful completion of this course, you will receive an ILM Certificate in Service Improvement (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This qualification is on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF).
- Ireland: This qualification is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). The basis for this comparison is detailed in the following guide: Qualifications can cross boundaries – a guide to comparing qualifications in the UK and Ireland.
- Europe: This qualification is fully recognised as the equivalent of a Level 5 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).