The Supply Chain Management Institute (IPICS) in partnership with the University of Limerick have developed a Level 7 apprenticeship for a Supply Chain Associate.
Award: NFQ Diploma Level 7
Based on the globally recognised body of knowledge in ‘Production and Inventory Management’ offered by APICS, this two year course will provide learners and hosting organisations with the ability to understand and evaluate production and inventory activities within a company’s global operations.
Developed by industry for industry, this is a work based education course which supports the development of the supply chain knowledge base amongst practitioners in organisations. It combines learning in the workplace with blended learning through the University of Limerick.
Suited for professionals who:
- Have a minimum of 1 year of organisational experience in any manufacturing or service organisation
- Seek to enhance their understanding of supply chain activities and management, and acquire new and best-practice methods for efficient supply chain operations
- Evaluate performance of supply chain activities and identify opportunities for improvement and integration
- Respond to rapid changes in demand and capacity by adjusting and optimising supply chain activities
- Seek recognition as a supply chain associate
- Seek a third-level qualification
The modules in this two year course are structured for blended delivery which minimises the time that participants are ‘off the job’. A central interactive platform hosts the complete syllabus, and students can access course materials anytime and anywhere. Each module will be delivered and assessed over a period of five weeks.
Employers must be approved by UL and SOLAS and commit to support the apprentice throughout the course.
Open entry to those applicants >23yrs of age with at least 1 years work experience in any manufacturing or service organisation.
for those < 23yrs of age a pass leaving certificate or equivalent plus work experience of 1 year in any manufacturing or service organisation.