It is widely acknowledged at both national and local levels that the Service Businesses sector (e.g. retail) within Limerick has suffered and is continuing to suffer as a result of Covid-19. This new Certificate in Management is in direct response to the devastating impact that Covid-19 has had on the Service Businesses sector. Many people have lost their jobs as a direct result of the pandemic and in response to this, the Limerick Chamber of Commerce has awarded the Management Development Unit at the KBS funding to provide a suitable course that will allow the participants to upskill and enable them to transition to new roles within the Service Businesses sector.
On successful completion of this course, the graduate will be able to:
- Identify and integrate the fundamental principles (core skills) of management in the context of the service businesses sector.
- Demonstrate and develop skills that will enable them to successfully manage a variety of stakeholders including themselves, their team and the customer.
- Utilise a range of management skills across a range of functions within their organisation.
- Demonstrate an appreciation and provide evidence of reflective practice, self-awareness and personal development planning.
- They will also learn how to monitor current and future trends within their business sector and be prepared to respond rapidly to changing external factors.
Participants should hold the Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification and have at least 2 years commercial experience. The level of commercial experience will be assessed as follows:
The participants will be required to supply a comprehensive CV. The Course Director will interview the participants if it is deemed necessary.
The Course Director will correspond with the participant’s Direct Manager / Supervisor in order to establish the commercial experience of the participant.
The University reserves the right to short-list and interview applicants as deemed necessary.
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria under Springboard+ can qualify for 90% or 100% funding subject to the availability of places.
Award: NFQ Level 6