The focus of the course is around developing students’ entrepreneurial behaviour and generating business opportunities. This one-year full-time Masters course provides students with the specialist knowledge and a practical understanding of the key tasks required to establish, manage and grow a new venture in a challenging international business environment whist building the students network of professional contacts in the area of small business. The course is designed for graduates who wish to start an entrepreneurial venture; those who wish to work in small and medium firms or as trainers and consultants with small and medium enterprises.
- A central differentiating feature of this Masters is the experiential and real time nature of the learning on the programme where you immerse yourself in an entrepreneurial journey of starting and growing a new venture with international potential and complete a two year investor ready Strategic Commercialisation plan. It develops competencies in opportunity recognition, market validation, resource leveraging, financial management and business planning.
- You will learn with and from entrepreneurs through the completion of in-company projects in Marketing and Sales, Frim Internationalisation and Management Consulting. This action learning provides a transformational personal and business related learning experience and enhances self – confidence, creativity, critical thinking, teamwork, reflection, communication and presentation skills.
- The course invites entrepreneurs, government agency, financial institution and venture capital representatives to share their experiences on different aspects of starting and growing a business internationally and provide an enhanced targeted network of contacts for future personal and business development opportunities.
- You will participate in a mentoring course through the Irish Exporters Association’s Asia Trade Forum Programme and will have the opportunity to work with a member company to develop an international market entry strategy into an Asian market.
- Develop techniques for creativity, opportunity sensing and evaluation of business opportunities
- Teach the capacity to be dynamic, creative entrepreneurs who are capable of transforming a business concept into a viable business proposition to generate employment
- Understand and engage in the role and tasks assumed by the owner-manager in developing the functional capabilities of their firm for international growth and expansion
- Develop useful skills and perspectives such as creative problem solving, diagnostic skills, communication and project management skills, people management skills that are needed to grow a small business internationally.