Award: NFQ Level 7
Designed for middle managers looking to develop their managerial competencies and skills, this one-year, level 7 programme uses individual exercises, group discussions, formal presentations and more to help learners make measurable progress in the areas of communication, teamwork, influencing, strategic thinking and planning and organising.
The course is designed to enhance learners’ competencies in five key areas: communication skills, teamwork, influencing skills, strategic thinking and planning and organising. Tutors assign work for each module. Additionally, a work-based project allows learners to demonstrate their applied learning within their organisations. Each student makes a personal development plan focusing on the competencies to be followed for the year. Participants are formally assessed in the five core competencies at the beginning and end of the programme to evaluate progress.
Participants learn to:
- Understand and appreciate core management principles and theories.
- Apply a range of management skills and techniques to manage themselves and their teams more effectively.
- Demonstrate interpersonal confidence, communication skills and organisational techniques in a range of settings.
- Appreciate the impact of the economic environment on their organisation.
- Control stress and manage their work/life balance.
Funding available through Next level Skillnet for candidates who satisfy eligibility criteria.