This is the New Up dated Level 4 (QQI L6) ITEC/VTCT Course… First hand Practical experience involves working at International events.
Course fees cover all course requirements such as textbooks, uniforms, notes, exam fees etc.
- 2 Sundays per Month, 10am-5pm. OR Choose mid-week class each Thursday evening 6pm-930pm.
- Train with fully qualified & experienced Tutors
This is a comprehensive intensive sports injury therapy course which deals with all aspects of sports injury treatment, prevention, rehabilitation and assessment. Applicants must hold an ITEC Level Diploma in Sports massage qualification prior to entry on this course. a total of over 200 contact hours results in the following subjects being covered in great detail –
* Detailed anatomical study of all muscles, origin, insertion and action. Also study of all major joints, including associated ligaments and tendons.
Causes and prevention of sports injuries
Acute vs chronic injuries
Overuse Injuries – Causes, prevention and treatment.
Injury assessment techniques – Differentiating between muscle, tendon, ligament and joint injuries
Sports massage techniques ie. Frictions, Muscle energy technique, soft-tissue release technique, neuro-muscular technique, strain/counterstrain and myo-fascial release technique
- Assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of muscle and joint injuries to – Foot and ankle injuries, Lower Leg injuries, knee joint and knee ligament injuries and upper leg injuries
- Assessment, Treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to – Shoulder, Arm, Elbow, Wrist and Hand and Hip
- Back and Spinal Injuries
- Neck and Shoulder Injuries
- Overuse Conditions
- Advanced Sports Massage Techniques
- Sports Nutrition
- Sports First Aid
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Taping and strapping
- Exercise physiology
- Advanced anatomy and physiology
- Advanced sports massage techniques
- Drugs in sport