The Introduction to Internal Audit is a four-day programme, delivered over two modules. The course explores the role of the Internal Auditor, the audit process and the relationship of the internal auditor with management, the audit committee and external audit. The course is very participative with a high emphasis on the theoretical and practical aspects of auditing. The content of the course has been designed specifically for internal auditors who are new to the function in their organisation. The course is a necessary building block before participation in the Institute’s more advanced Certificate in Audit Skills.
At the end of the course, participants should:
- have a better understanding of audit principles and procedures
- gain a greater appreciation of the role of the Internal Auditor
- be able to carry out audits in a more efficient and effective manner
- Role of Internal Audit
- Audit Charter
- Professional Standards
- Audit Management and Planning
- Internal Controls
- Audit Stages
- Audit Programme
- Audit Evidence
- Controlling and Reviewing an Audit
- Audit Reporting
- Audit Committees
- Interpersonal Skills
- An Effective Internal Audit Service
- Risk Management and Internal Audit Emerging Issues for Internal Audit
The Introduction to Internal Audit course is delivered over two x two day modules. It has been modified for online delivery.
- Module 1: 6-7 September 2023 and Module 2: 27-28 September 2023
- Module 1: 23-24 November 2023 and Module 2: 13-14 December 2023
*Dates may be subject to change.