This ILM Award in Leadership and Management – Finance course provides existing managers (or those considering a career in management) with excellent knowledge of Budgets and budgeting, cash flow statements, costing techniques, breakeven analysis, payback periods, net present values and capital appraisal techniques. The course includes a Management and Leadership module which covers key Management and leadership Theory.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management – Finance documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Certificate in Finance course?
- People Considering a Career in Financial Management: This course is an excellent starting point for those aspiring to enter the field of financial management. It covers essential topics such as budgeting, cash flow statements, and capital appraisal techniques.
- Non-financial Managers: Managers in businesses who lack a financial background but wish to gain an understanding of the financial aspects of a business will find this course beneficial.
- Professionals with a Level 5 Certificate or Equivalent: Those who already hold a Level 5 (Ireland) certificate or an equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experience would meet the entry requirements for this course.
- Experienced Managers Seeking Advanced Skills: Managers who have substantial experience in their field but seek to enhance their financial management skills will benefit from this course. It’s particularly useful for those looking to integrate financial considerations into their decision-making processes.
- Individuals with Degrees in Non-Financial Disciplines: The course is also apt for those who have academic backgrounds in non-financial areas but wish to expand their expertise into financial management. This includes professionals from fields like engineering, healthcare, education, or the arts, who are looking to develop a comprehensive understanding of financial principles to enhance their career prospects or managerial capabilities.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 (Ireland) certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experience.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this ILM Certificate in Finance course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
Unit 1: Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Management and Leadership
- Theories of Management and Leadership
- Personal Competencies: Delegation, Motivation, Influencing, Conflict Management, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Professional Competencies: Developing and Coaching
- Leadership Competencies: Initiative, Transparency, Inspiration, Change, Self-control and Adaptability
- Management Development Options
- Skills Audit and Development Plan
Unit 2: Making a Financial Case
- Short and Long-term Planning
- Budgets and Budgeting
- Capital and Revenue Expenditure
- The Cashflow Statement
- Costing Techniques
- Cost Behaviour and Allocation
- Marginal Costing
- Breakeven Analysis
- Margin of Safety
- Capital Appraisal Techniques
- Payback Period
- Net Present Value
- Internal Rate of Return
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this ILM Certificate in Finance programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- CMIT is registered and approved with ILM to offer programmes leading to ILM qualifications.
- UK: Following successful completion of this course, you will receive an ILM Award in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This qualification is on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF).
- Ireland: This qualification is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). The basis for this comparison is detailed in the following guide: Qualifications can cross boundaries – a guide to comparing qualifications in the UK and Ireland.
- Europe: This qualification is fully recognised as the equivalent of a Level 5 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).