This Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training Course is now available via blended learning. NTC will be delivering course content live using cutting edge video conferencing facilities.
You will join with your classmates and tutors to engage in study towards a recognised qualification – the only difference is that you won’t be in the same room but will all still be together.
When you successfully complete this course you will be qualified as a gym instructor, group fitness instructor and personal trainer and will be able to prescribe safe and effective exercise to the general public in either a group or individual one-to-one personal training basis, in a gym or studio environment, or in your own classes.
You will have the knowledge and skills to prescribe training programmes for clients based on their individual needs whether it be group exercise, strength training, endurance, weight loss, bodybuilding, general fitness etc.
The group fitness module provides fitness instructors with the knowledge and skills to teach boot camp style, circuit training based classes either in health clubs and fitness centres in an employed capacity or in community centres, parish halls etc. as self-employed individuals.
The National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training is open to anybody with a strong interest in exercise and health fitness and the desire to pass their enthusiasm on to the general public as part of their day-to-day working routine as either a full time or part time health fitness instructor.
The content of this personal training course includes anatomy and physiology, group exercise, resistance training, sports nutrition, programme design, fitness assessment and many other areas of interest. The content is delivered to facilitate adult learners of mixed ability.
This Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer course includes two separate qualifications:
- The National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training
- The National Qualification in Kettlebell Training
The National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training covers all relevant areas of fitness instructor training including:
- Anatomy, Physiology and Myology
- Sports Nutrition
- Concepts and Components of Health Related Fitness
- Exercise Physiology
- Flexibility and Stretching
- Resistance Training
- Machine and free weight exercises
- Core stability and bodyweight training
- Role of the Personal Trainer in business, ethics and professional responsibilities
- Client appraisal and motivational interviewing
- Fitness assessment
- Functional Kinesiology and Biomechanics
- Circuit training
- Plan, design and evaluate gym based programmes
- Plan, design and evaluate group fitness classes
- Plan, design and evaluate a periodised training programme for an individual client
- Kettlebell Training
- Ensure the health safety of participants
- Exercise and special conditions
- Self-directed learning via completion of learner workbook
The National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training demonstrates through its accreditation by REPs Ireland at European Qualification Framework (EQF) Level 4 that it exceeds the minimum standard (EQF Level 3) as agreed by all relevant bodies within the fitness industry in Ireland and throughout Europe. Some other personal training course providers also offer EQF Level 4 standard of qualification provided that students sit prior or additional modules. The National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training is a complete stand alone fitness qualification, accredited at EQF 4.
The Dublin course runs at the National Training Centre, 15-16 Saint Joseph’s Parade, Dorset Street, Dublin 7
The Cork course runs at the Mardyke Arena, UCC, Western Road, Cork