Finance for Non-Finance Managers is intended to provide an overview of the main aspects of finance confronting an increasing number of individuals in public service organisations. Devolved financial management responsibilities have led to a redefinition of many roles and the establishment of many budget holders. This has led to an increased need for people with an understanding of financial reporting, management accounting and control and audit. This course is aimed at providing an overview of these areas of finance.
The course will cover the following:
- Financial Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Financial Reporting – concepts, principles plus the Cash and Accruals basis of preparation
- Interpreting the Financial Statements and evaluating the entities performance
- Costing and Budget Preparation
- Budgetary Control – comparing actual expenditure to budgets
- Appraising Capital Investment
- Audit and Control
This course has been modified for online delivery. It is a two day course that will be divided into two sessions per day (10:00 am – 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm – 3:30pm) with breaks. It will be remotely delivered through MS Teams and facilitated by subject matter experts.
- 15-16 June 2023 (new dates announced)
- 12-13 October 2023