Finance for Non-Finance Managers is intended to provide an overview of the main aspects of finance confronting an increasing number of individuals in public service organisations. Devolved financial management responsibilities have led to a redefinition of many roles and the establishment of many budget holders. This has led to an increased need for people with an understanding of financial reporting, management accounting and control and audit. This course is aimed at providing an overview of these areas of finance. It has been modified for online delivery and is now a five hour specialist-led online course.
The course will cover the following:
- Financial Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Financial Reporting – concepts, principles plus the Cash and Accruals basis of preparation
- Interpreting the Financial Statements and evaluating the entities performance
- Costing and Budget Preparation
- Budgetary Control – comparing actual expenditure to budgets
- Appraising Capital Investment
- Audit and Control
The course will be delivered remotely via MS Teams and will be facilitated by subject matter experts.