This one-day workshop has been designed to provide participants with a clear understanding of the theory underpinning current best practice in interviewing as well as providing them with an understanding of their resposibilities as interview board members. The interviewing may be for external recuritment or increasingly, to assess current employees suitability for promotion, redeployment to another organisation or re-assignment to a new function.
The topics that will be addressed during the workshop include:
- Background and context of competency based interviewing
- Designing the job specification (job description and person specification)
- Development of competencies and behavioural indicators
- What the role requires / examination of criteria and competencies
- Effective questioning techniques
- Pre Interview Board Preparation – the role of the Chair on a Board
- Employment Equality Legislation – what questions we can/cannot ask
- Candidate assessment, evaluation and feedback
Venue: Institute of Public Administration, 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin D04 TC62
Fee: The fee for this one-day workshop is €405 per person for Corporate Members of the IPA and €450 for others. Fee includes a light lunch and refreshments.