This one-hour webinar is designed for people who will be involved in interviewing candidates by assessing their suitability for employment, promotion, redeployment or reassignment to a new function.
At the conclusion of the webinar, attendees will have developed an understanding of:
- The structure and process of competency based interviewing;
- The role of the interview board member(s);
- Best practice in recruitment interviewing.
During the webinar there will be a focus on:
- The aims and objectives of competency based interviewing
- The analysis of the job specification, job description and person specification
- The identification and development of competencies and behavioural indicators
- The interview structure and the role of Board members including the Chair
- Effective questioning techniques to ensure fairness and impartiality in line with best practice
- Legislation including Employment Equality, FOI and GDPR as they relate to interviewing
- Evidence based assessment, marking, evaluation of the candidate and providing constructive feedback