MOLONEY and ASSOCIATES Acoustic and Environmental Consultants have been awarded Approved Training Provider status by the Occupational Hygiene Training Association (OHTA). The OHTA courses are internationally recognised and facilitate students to develop a career in occupational hygiene and related fields. Th courses are accredited by the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) and can be taken by people who have responsibilities in Occupational Hygiene and/or Health and Safety and who wish to develop their expertise.
OHTA W507 – Health Effects of Hazardous Substances
This course aims to:
Provide an introduction to the principles of toxicology, physiology and epidemiology. The course will cover the main types of harmful effects to target organs from exposure to chemical hazards at work, and the hazards associated with common hazardous substances.
On completing this course successfully the student will be able to:
– Provide definitions of commonly used toxicological terms;
– Describe the main routes by which hazardous substances can enter the body, and the factors which influence their absorption, distribution, storage and elimination;
– Describe the main sources of information on hazardous substances and processes;
– Describe the main features of the principal target organs affected by hazardous substances at work, and the factors which influence the degree of harm;
– Describe the main routes of exposure and toxic and health effects for hazardous substances commonly encountered in the workplace;
– Carry out basic interpretation of the results from epidemiological studies.
Successful students will receive their award from the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS).
The BOHS/OHTA training scheme is extremely flexible and allows students to study at their own pace, choosing modules that are most relevant to their interests or circumstances. While the option to ‘accumulate’ a series of 5-day courses to achieve an International Certificate is particularly useful, so too is the option to specialise and to study for a Certificate of Competence in an individual subject.
Moloney and Associates, Acoustic and Environmental Consultants, provide courses for delegates to be trained to Institute of Acoustics (IOA) standards and to BOHS/OHTA international standards. We also provide bespoke training courses for clients and we can generally tailor a training course around your specific requirements. Please contact us through our website and/or by phone to discuss any of your training needs.