Effective management of risk is now recognised as a critical element of good governance and assurance arrangements in public service organisations and state agencies. Handling uncertainties and agreeing priorities has implications for strategic and business planning objectives, the relationship with stakeholders and also the resourcing, management and control of work programmes and activities.
Utilising the ISO risk management standard and building on our practical experience with client organisations, this focussed event will give attendees a comprehensive introduction to this important governance and management process.
The Risk Management for Public Service Organisations and State Agencies course has been modified for online delivery and will be delivered as two x two-hour sessions.
- Role of Risk Management in Modern Organisations
- Compliance Requirements
- ISO 31000 – Risk Management Standard
- Risk Management Principles and Process
- Implications for Governance and Controls
- Risk Categorisations, Inherent and Residual
- Identification of Risk
- Risk Ranking and Scoring
- Monitoring and reporting
- Implications for the Audit and Governance Arrangements
- Implications of current circumstances & Covid-19 related uncertainties and vulnerabilities
This course has been modified for online delivery. This four-hour course will be divided into two x two hour-sessions (10:00 am – 12.00 noon & 1:00 pm-3:00 pm) with a one-hour break. It will be remotely delivered through MS Teams and facilitated by subject matter experts.
- 30 September 2021
- 25 November 2021