Initially this course helps students to understand the qualities the selection panel are looking for. This is then followed a number of set tests to help students to get into the right frame of mind and to be in a position to use the right techniques and approach. A sample test helps students to simulate examination conditions by completing a number of examples of each element of the test. The Interview techniques module will help students to identify what the selection panel wants.
- Skills and Experience Self-Assessment & Questionnaire
- Verbal Reasoning
- Numerical Reasoning
- Research & Interview Techniques
- Situational Judgement Questionnaire
This course will provide you with the skills needed to ensure optimum performance in the Prison Officer examination and interview. Over the years the Civil Service Commission has designed and developed its own recruitment and training programme to facilitate the selection of the most suitable candidates. The initial recruitment stage is based on the results of a set of aptitude tests and an interview. The aptitude tests are competitive and those candidates who score highly have the best chances of being called for interview.
- The College is open all year, so you can start studying at any time.
- This Prison Officer course allows you the flexibility and confidentiality of studying at home without having to take time out from work or other personal commitments.
- It offers you valuable savings in time and transportation because you complete your entire course from home.
- Once enrolled, you will receive everything that you need to get started in your student study pack.