Are you looking to up skill and return to work?
If so, Shaping Futures is an exciting programme designed to help participants develop general employment skills needed to return to work or progress on to further education.
The Shaping Futures programme is a QQI accredited programme with participants working towards a QQI Level 4 major award in Employment Skills. The course includes 9 modules, volunteer work and an 8-week work placement, all aimed at ensuring learners leaving the programme have the necessary skill sets to take up employment or progress on to further education. Shaping Futures is a yearlong full time programme starting September 2023.
- Personal & Interpersonal Development
- Understanding Interculturalism
- Career Planning
- Functional Mathematics
- Information Technology Skills
- Work Experience
- Workplace Safety
In addition to the above modules, participants are given the opportunity to do:-
- Safe pass
- Driver theory test
- Barista training
- HACCP 1 & 2 including Allergen Awareness
- Manual handling
- Fire warden
- Patient moving and handling
- First Aid Responder – PHEEC accredited
- Restorative Practice
- Mental Health Awareness
- Work Equal – Confidence in Clothing including styling
- Experiencing unemployment?
- In receipt of a social welfare payment?
- In and out of work regularly?
- Moving on from a scheme (C.E., J.I., C.S.P. or similar)?
- Have good communication skills?
- Reasonable literacy and I.T. skills?
- Like working with people?
- Have good command of English?
If so, then we would love to hear from you.
There is no cost to participate on the Shaping Futures programme. While training you will receive an CDETB training allowance, meal allowance, travel allowance and your secondary social welfare payments will not be affected.
Here’s how to contact us:
Contact the INOU Training Section on 01-2678760 or [email protected] (Michelle) or [email protected] (Sinead) for further information.