The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity is to enable our students to gain the practical and theoretical skills necessary to provide nutritional advice for active leisure, recreation and physical activity. This includes the ability to explain the meaning of key nutritional terms.
In relation to physical activity levels and other relevant factors, to identify energy expenditure for different physical activities and to evaluate the nutritional requirements and hydration needs of clients engaged in physical activity.
L3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity
There are no previous academic requirements
· The basic principles of nutrition and nutritional terms. We discuss anatomy and nutritional recommendations from around the world
· Carbohydrates, micronutrients, water and nutritional related diseases
· Hydration for Exercise, Fats and some more micronutrients, case studies and underfeeding
· Proteins, Energy systems, and further case study analysis.
· Body Composition analysis and calculating macronutrients, alcohol and exercise, nutritional related disease
· Hormones and nutrient timing in relation to sport and diabetes in modern society.
· Nutritional goal setting
· Identifying the calorific values of nutrition
· Calculating macro nutrients
· Calculating dietary needs specific to sport
· Calculating macro nutrients for Cutting weight/bulking
· Understanding nationally recommended practice in relation to providing nutritional advice
· Interpreting food labelling information
· Calculating metabolic rates
Once Students have achieved the ITEC Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity they may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent awards at Level 3 (Instructor level), for example:
· Level 3 Diploma in Pilates Teaching
· Level 3 Diploma in Yoga Teaching
· Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
5 evenings (7-10pm)
1 Sunday (10-4pm)