ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management Level 5 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
This certificate ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management – Change Management course provides existing managers (or those considering a career in management) with skills to be able to identify, plan, implement, monitor and review change in an organisation. Key topics include: Assessing the Organisation Environment, Managing Improvement and Implementing Change.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management – Change Management course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Change Management course?
- Change Manager/Coordinator/Analyst/Advisor: Professionals in these roles focus on managing and guiding change processes within an organisation.
- Change Professionals: This includes Implementation Specialists, Business Transition Analysts, Strategy Realisation Analysts, and Change Consultants, who play key roles in planning and executing change strategies.
- Project Managers: Those who manage projects, especially ones involving significant change, will benefit from the skills and knowledge gained in this course.
- Process Improvement Roles: Individuals focused on improving and optimising organisational processes will find the course valuable for implementing change efficiently and effectively.
- Managers Managing Change in Dynamic Business Environments: Suitable for managers in any sector who are dealing with rapid and ongoing changes in their business environment, needing skills to adapt and lead effectively.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 certificate (Ireland) or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
Unit 1: Managing Improvement
- How Organisations Compete
- What is Quality Management?
- Quality Systems
- Quality Monitoring
- Quality Metrics
- Measuring Customer Metrics
- Conducting a Quality Audit
- Business Improvement Planning
- Performance Standards
- Action Planning
- Monitoring Results
Unit 2: Understanding the Organisational Environment
- Uses of PESTLE Analysis
- Components of a PESTLE Analysis
- Information Gathering
- Political and Government Influences
- Economic Influences
- Social and Technological
- Social Trends
- Industry and Market Analysis
- Technology Trends
- Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Environmental Influences
- Key Drivers of Change
- PESTLE Impact Assessment
Unit 3: Managing and Implementing Change
- Monitoring and Control
- What is Change?
- The Benefits of Change
- The Role of Change in the Management Process
- Common Problems when Implementing Strategic Change
- Mission, Vision and Value
- External and Internal Analysis
- Market Opportunities and Threats
- Organisational Strengths and Weaknesses
- Identifying and Assessing Areas for Change
- How to Communicate Change
- Getting Buy-in
- Stakeholder Management
- Implementing Change
- Kotter’s 8-Step Model
- Managing Risk and Resistance to Change
- Organisation Structure
- Devising Operational Plans
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- CMIT is registered and approved with ILM to offer programmes leading to ILM qualifications.
- UK: Following successful completion of this course, you will receive an ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This qualification is on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF).
- Ireland: This qualification is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). The basis for this comparison is detailed in the following guide: Qualifications can cross boundaries – a guide to comparing qualifications in the UK and Ireland.
- Europe: This qualification is fully recognised as the equivalent of a Level 5 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).