On completion of the First Aid Responder course participants will have the skills to:
- Deal with life threatening or potentially life threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment until arrival of emergency medical services.
- Provide First Aid Response for conditions not thought to be life-threatening but are necessary to prevent further harm before the emergency medical services arrive.
- Provide pre-hospital First Aid Response in a wide range of environments including home and recreational settings.
- Display the requisite personal skills including composure, competence and self-confidence while understanding their limitations.
- Incident management
- Cardiac emergencies
- Patient Assessment
- Injury management & Shock
- Care of Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical injuries
- Common Medical emergencies
- Adult C.P.R. & AED
- Infant C.P.R & AED
- 2 Year certification of Competence, from Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council recognised by Health & Safety Authority, following successful assessments.
- It is a replacement for Occupational First Aid
- It is Recognised by Health & Safety Authority from 1st November 2016
- It Meets all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training.
- It Develops a preventative approach to accidents and incidents within the workplace.