QQI Level 5 Certificate in Performing Arts 5M5151. This comprehensive program offers an essential blend of Dance, Music, Vocal Performance and Acting modules for the student who aspires to a career in Dance and Musical Theatre Performance.
Exploring a range of musical genre andvocal training with an emphasis on timing,and dynamics for solo and ensemble work.
ACTING SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES
Developing the essential knowledge, skills andunderstanding of the craft of the performer.
Fundamentals of Jazz Dance styles includingWest End, Broadway, Fosse and Street Dance.Learning about the principles of alignment,flexibility, torso articulation, floor work and coordination.
Choreography, Musical Theatre, MusicPerformance, Contemporary Dance, BodyConditioning, Improvisation, Hair Artistry forTheatre Productions, TV & Film Make-Up,Communications and Work Experience.
- Learners will showcase their skills throughout the year culminating in the end of year Musical Production
- Attendance at performances of Dance and Theatre
- Workshops from Industry Specialists inTheatre and Dance
- Work experience in a variety of settings
- Our large dance studio has a sprungfloor, mirrors and bars.
- Changing rooms, showers and lockers
- Access to fully equipped IT suitesand Library.
- Fully Equipped Hair Dressing andMake-up salon
- Wifi and Moodle
Leaving Certificate or equivalent, LCA or relevant experience
Learners should have a high degree of motivation and a passionate interest in Performing. Some previous experience is beneficial but not essential.
Audition and Interview
Mature applicants welcome
Applicants may be accepted without meeting formal entry requirements.
Employment as: Dancer and Performer in Theatre & Film.
Students may progress to the following level 6 course in SCFE • Advanced Performing Arts 6M3566
Below are some examples of further progression options with this QQI Level 5 award in Performing Arts 5M5151
- UCC Theatre and Performative Practices Level 8 CK112
- UCC Arts with Music Level 8 CK104
- UCC Film and Screen Media Level 8 CK105
- UL Arts with Music and Dance Level 8 LM002
- UL Performing Arts Level 8 LM026
- IADT Creative Music Production Level 8 DL838
- IADT Film & Television Production Level 8 DL834
- IADT Design for Stage and Screen Level 8 DL831
- TU Dublin City CampusDrama (Performance) Level 8 DT529