Diploma in Child Psychology
The Diploma in Child Psychology is a 10 week programme. Students attend class one evening per week from 6.30pm-9.30pm in our Dublin City Centre classrooms off Dame Street, Dublin 2.
Upon successful completion of the programme students will receive a Diploma in Child Psychology from CMI and a FETAC Level 6 Component Award in Child Psychology.
Students of the Diploma will be able to;
1. Analyse different theoretical child psychology models
2. Understand child and adolescent development
3. Learn scientific methods in relation to a childs psychology
4. Factors influencing a child's psychological development
5. Interpret social development
6. Assess school age children and their interaction with peers and family
7. Acquire methodology of sand play counselling
8. Assess impact of technology in an adolescent's learning and development
Whether you are a parent yourself or work within the childcare profession this child psychology course will provide you with the range of skills and knowledge to help a child reach his or her maximum potential. This child psychology course is a must for people working with or planning to work with children, or anyone interested in the development of children such as parents, special needs assistants, Project workers, Teachers and Nurses and those in the caring professions.
In completing the course you will be up to date on the practice of child psychology as well as gaining skills in new areas such as sand play therapy.
The principal method of learning is through lectures, course notes and case studies. All participants on this programme will be expected to keep and maintain a personal log/journal of their personal learning experiences during the course.
The Diploma in Child Psychology course work comprises of practical home assignments and a project.
To ensure that learning is converted to practice, practical guidance will be offered throughout the course by our experienced lecturers that hold several years experience.
More information available at: http://www.cmi-ireland.com/child-psychology-courses