“Manners are more important than laws. Manners are what vex or soothe, corrupt or purify, exalt or debase, barbarize or refine us”, Edmund Burke.
Success in any industry relies on relationships, whether with co-workers, clients, suppliers, or investors. When you’re well-mannered and considerate in dealing with others, you create engaging, productive, and long term business relationships. As such, it is important to learn, not just the technical side of a business, but how to conduct one’s self in the company of others.
This is where business etiquette comes in. This workshop will introduce participants to business etiquette, as well as provide guidelines for the practice of business etiquette across different situations.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organisation.
• Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
• Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression.
• Identify at least one way to minimise nervousness while in social situations.
• Understand how to use a business card effectively.
• Identify and practice at least one way to remember names.
• Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake.
• Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each.
• Understand place settings, napkin etiquette, and basic table manners.
• Understand the protocol in ordering in a restaurant, handling alcohol in a business meal, paying the bill, and tipping.
• Understand basic guidelines when it comes to the proper form of address, grammar standards, and use of acronyms in e-mails.
• Understand basic guidelines in the use of the telephone, voicemail, and cell phone.
• State the difference between a formal and an informal letter.
• Create an effective ‘Thank You’ note.
• Understand the meaning of colours in dressing for success.
• Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress code.
• Understand basic guidelines in international etiquette.
This is not a tutor-delivered course online.
Instead, we give you online access to the course materials to go through in your own time.
PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO SECURELY BOOK THE COURSE ONLINE: