The expectations and obligations on audit committees continue to evolve in response to governance developments and the need for Boards and governing bodies to demonstrate that they are adhering to relevant audit, assurance and risk management requirements. The Audit committee charter will set out the duties of the Audit Committee in areas such as internal control, internal audit, external audit, financial reporting, risk management, reporting relationships within the organisation and its interaction with other committees. This course will be delivered as a two-hour online specialist-led course.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Role and responsibilities of Audit Committees
- Audit Committee charters
- Relationships with senior management, internal audit and Board
- Audit Committee work programme
- Risk management systems and audit oversight
- Assurance arrangements
- Assessing audit committee effectiveness
The Audit (and Risk) Committee Member Training has been modified for delivery online. This is a two-hour course which includes a 10 minute break. It will be remotely delivered through MS Teams and facilitated by subject matter experts.
Courses are scheduled for the following dates and times:
- 8 February 2023 (10:00 am – 12:00 noon)
- 1 June 2023 (10:00 am – 12:00 noon)
- 20 September 2023 (10:00 am – 12:00 noon)
- 28 November 2023 (10:00 am – 12:00 noon)