This course was introduced in response to the General Service Recruitment campaign for both Army and Naval Service Recruits by the Irish Defence Forces. Kilroy’s College has developed a new distance learning preparation course to help candidates to achieve their best performance on the day of the competition.
Candidates who apply successfully before the closing date for the competition will be required to complete the following progressive stages:
- Physical Fitness Tests
- Psychometric Tests
Medical & Garda Clearance
Candidates with the highest scores at the Interview stage will then be called to attend a full medical examination. In conjunction with this all candidates will be security vetted by An Garda Siochana. Candidates will be required to pass both the full medical examination and security vetting in order to be considered for induction.
Army Service candidates must be aged between 18-25 years old at the time of their formal application for Army recruits
Naval Service candidates must be between 18-27 years at the time of their application.
- Skills and Experience Self-Assessment – bonus material
- Verbal Reasoning Tests
- Numerical Reasoning Tests
- Interview Techniques
- Ensure you are comfortable with the Army and Naval General Service Recruitment competition format, particularly with the type of questions that are likely to be asked in the psychometric tests.
- Help you understand the relevance of the various elements of the competition.
- Guide you through the initial stages of the application.
- Help you optimise your performance at each stage of the competition.
- The College is open all year, so you can start studying at any time.
- This Army and Navy Recruitment course allows you the flexibility and confidentiality of studying at home without having to take time out from work or other personal commitments.
- It offers you valuable savings in time and transportation because you complete your entire course from home.
- Once enrolled, you will receive everything that you need to get started in your student study pack.