W201 Fundamentals of Occupational Hygiene
This course is designed to meet the needs of people wishing to study at the Foundation level. It is a 5-day programme that provides a basic introduction to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of risks to health in the workplace. It will introduce you to chemical exposures, noise, the thermal environment, lighting, radiation, ergonomics, behavioural science and much more.
On completing this course successfully the student will have a basic understanding of:
· the value of occupational hygiene and the role of the occupational hygienist;
· the range of hazards [physical and chemical] in the workplace;
· hazard recognition techniques;
· sources and potential routes of exposure;
· hazard evaluation, exposure assessment and the measurement processes;
· methods of controlling exposure;
· the management of occupational hygiene programmes.
The course is normally run as a taught course over 4.5 days (minimum of 36 hours including practical/demonstration sessions, overnight questions and guided reading).
There will be a 20 short answer question “open book” examination with an allowed time of 60 minutes.
On successful completion of the Principles of Occupational Hygiene course students will receive their award from the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS).
Moloney and Associates, Acoustic and Environmental Consultants, provide courses for individuals and groups to be trained to Institute of Acoustics (IOA) standards and to BOHS/OHTA international standards. We also provide bespoke training courses for clients and we can generally tailor a training course around your specific requirements. Please contact us through our website and/or by phone to discuss any of your training needs.