• Level 5 Health Service Skills 5M3782
• Patient Handling
Occupational Therapy Studies
This course is aimed at students interested in pursuing a career in Occupational Therapy. Students who undertake this one-year course in Occupational Therapy studies will gain an understanding of the principles and practices of rehabilitation, treatment of injured, ill, or disabled patients through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. Students will develop an understanding of impaired mobility and its impact on human occupational performance and ability and the role of occupational therapy in current healthcare services. Students will gain an insight into the development and implementation of therapeutic programmes. Students will gain the skills needed by the HSE to work in the healthcare sector, which will help them to understand therapy programmes and support clients in restoring or improving their mobility.
• Anatomy and Physiology • Care Support • Communications • Work Experience • Infection Prevention and Control • Safety and Health at Work • Occupational Therapy Assistant Practice • Occupational Therapy Assistant Theory • Nutrition • Word Processing
UK – UNIVERSITIES
Graduates of our Occupational Therapy Studies programme are eligible to apply for all Occupational Therapy Degrees throughout the UK.
This course enables graduates to progress to a sports or science related Level 8 degrees and then to the Level 9 Occupational Therapy at University of Limerick. There are many progression options for students to study Occupational Therapy in the UK. Graduates may also apply for several other Level 7 and 8 degrees in universities and ITs or private colleges around the country. Mature students are eligible to apply to Occupational Therapy at Trinity College Dublin, University College Cork and NUI Galway.
Successful graduates can gain employment in the HSE or private health service providers
EXAMPLES OF HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRESSION:
• Graduates can progress to related undergraduate degrees in Ireland and then apply for an Occupational Therapy Masters programme in universities such as UCD and UL. • Mature students can progress to related undergraduate degrees in Ireland and then apply for an Occupational Therapy undergraduate degree. • Graduates are eligible to apply directly for Occupational Therapy undergraduate degrees in certain UK universities. South East Technological University Carlow: CW188 Sport Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy (Level 8, 4 Years) South East Technological University Waterford: WD006 Health and Exercise Science (Level 8, 4 Years) Munster Technological University Tralee: TL871 Health and Leisure Studies (Level 8, 4 Years) Technological University of the Shannon Athlone: AL841 Athletic and Rehabilitation Therapy (Level 8, 4 Years) Graduates from Occupational Therapy Studies are eligible to apply directly for various Occupational Therapy degree programmes in some UK universities.
• Leaving Certificate or Leaving Certificate Applied
• Mature Students or;
• Other equivalent qualifications
All applicants will be interviewed regardless of
Apply directly at www.dunboynecollege.ie