Are you looking to upskill and return to work?
If so, Shaping Futures is an exciting Local Training Initiative (LTI) designed to help participants develop general employability skills needed to return to work or progress to further education.
The Shaping Futures programme is a QQI accredited programme with participants working towards a level 4 major award in Employability Skills. Employability skills are general skills that you need for most jobs. This course is targeted at people who have experienced long-term and precarious unemployment and who have the potential and the desire to progress onto to employment or further education. This course includes workplace internships which will draw on participant’s life experiences to enable them to progress on to employment or further education. Shaping Futures is a yearlong full time programme which starts in September each year. The course runs from Monday to Friday 10am – 4.30pm and is based in the city centre across two training venues.
- Career Planning
- Functional Maths
- Information Technology Skills
- Personal and Interpersonal Development
- Team working
- Understanding Interculturalism
- Work Experience
- Workplace Safety
In addition to the above modules, participants on the programme are also given the opportunity to do:
- Fire warden Training
- First Aid Responder – PHECC Certified
- Introduction to Restorative Practice
- Manual Handling for Employees
- Experiencing unemployment?
- In receipt of a social welfare payment?
- In and out of work regularly?
- Moving on from a scheme (C.E., J.I., C.S.P. or similar)?
- Have good communication skills?
- Reasonable literacy and I.T. skills?
- Like working with people?
- Speak English fluently?
If so, then this programme may be what you are looking for.
There is no cost to participate on the Shaping Futures programme. While training you will receive an ETB training allowance, meal allowance, travel allowance and your secondary social welfare payments will not be affected.
Contact Michelle/Sinead in the Training Section on 018560088 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Participation in Shaping Futures should not affect your Social Welfare payments.
ETB (Formerly FÁS/VEC) training allowances apply to this course.