This course aims to provide learners with a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical healthcare support skills. The course focuses on relevant modules that focus on specific areas of care. This level 5 healthcare support course provides students with the knowledge and skills to work in a variety of healthcare settings. Students will also have the option to progress to further or higher education.
QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support (8 QQI Level 5 Component Certificates)
- 5N2770 – Care Skills Level 5
- 5N0758 – Care Support Level 5
- 5N1794 – Health and Safety at Work Level 5
- 5N0690 – Communications Level 5
- 5N1356 – Work Experience Level 5
- 5N0749 – Anatomy & Physiology Level 5
- 5N1279 – Human Growth and development Level 5
- 5N4325 – Nursing Theory and Practice Level 5
This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
Course Fee Information
Pay In Full €895
Pay In Installments – €1000
(€250 deposit & 3 monthly instalments paid consecutively of €250)
Contact Progressive College to take all modules or sit individual single modules.
- Providing an understanding of the needs of the person in their care in relation to the maintenance of their dignity, respect, self-esteem, and choice.
- Demonstrating knowledge of a range of theories, practice, guidelines and legal requirements pertaining to Healthcare Support practice.
- Evaluating and using the information to plan, develop and implement appropriate Healthcare strategies in a variety of care settings whilst working under specific direction and supervision within a support capacity
- Applying knowledge and skills within a range of varied and specific healthcare contexts in accordance with accepted guidelines and practice and legal requirements.
- Demonstrating a broad range of practice, research, interpersonal and caring skills in providing Health Care Support to a wide range of client groups in a range of health care settings.
A minimum Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate standard of education or equivalent education or experience. Proficiency in English language.
Learners must complete 240 hours’ work experience in a suitable healthcare setting which might be a nursing home, hospital or day care centre. Students may need to complete a patient moving and handling course and basic first aid responder course prior to starting their work placement.
Location & Date
Delivery: Own Pace
Access: 12 Months to Complete