The Masters in Engineering Practice is a new and innovative Masters Programme offered by the School of Engineering. This programme is attractive to industry learners as it provides a flexible way (Part-time, Online, Blended Learning) to combine previous studies – i.e. 2 Professional Diplomas, one of which must have been completed within the Faculty of Science and Engineering – with a thesis, to receive a Masters in Engineering Practice award.
Award: NFQ Level 9 Major Award
This course is suitable for professionals looking to progress their career and participate on an academic programme that will enable them to develop their problem-solving skills as well as build on their strengths from previous qualifications.
- A flexible way to combine two Professional Diploma awards with a thesis to receive a Masters in Engineering Practice.
- A dedicated online learning space to work with academics and fellow learners on developing a thesis proposal and produce a final written academic report.
- An opportunity to present work-to-date at various stages and engage in a Q&A style session with a team of academics and invited experts.
- Gain a deeper understanding of engineering practices by researching specific areas of interest.
- Further opportunities for learners to disseminate their work and exploit their current research.
Two Professional Diploma awards (30 ECTS each) at Level 9, with a minimum second class honours grade two (2.2) or equivalent, as deemed appropriate by the Academic Programme Director. One of these Professional Diplomas must be a programme completed and awarded by the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
If you have not completed a 30 ECTS Level 9 Professional Diploma at the University of Limerick, but have done so at another Academic Institution, then your application will be reviewed by the Academic Programme Director at the School of Engineering at UL.
More information available at: https://www.ul.ie/gps/engineering-practice-msc or make an enquiry below. Please use the ‘course enquiry’ to contact UL with any queries.