Are you looking for flexible training to improve your skills in Microsoft Office and/or have an interest in preparing for the widely-recognised Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exams? Then, our MOS course could be the answer.
This comprehensive curriculum provides training for Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint. Microsoft Office Specialist certification, the premier Microsoft desktop certification, is a globally recognized standard for demonstrating desktop skills.
The Office Specialist program is helping meet the demand for qualified and knowledgeable people in the modern workplace. Kilroy's College is dedicated to helping you learn computing skills through well structured and interactive course material. Our computer based training course allows you to study in your own home at a pace that suits you. Working alongside leading software developers, Kilroy's College provides you with a course focused on a career in today's workplace.
* Microsoft Office New Features – The course begins with a general overview of new productivity and information handling tools. It then concentrates on new features within Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Frontpage
* Microsoft Access – This part of the course guides the learner through the basics of Access databases and covers topics such as creating and modifying databases, and establishing relationships between tables. It also covers more advanced features of Access, and how to make different types of data queries, work with forms and link data to other databases. Finally, more complex aspects of working with data using Access are covered.
* Microsoft Excel – This part of the course covers the Excel interface and navigation, how to create and format worksheets. Topics such as creating formulas, copying, inserting and deleting a range of cells are covered in the course. Students learn how to work with worksheets in Excel, and how to manage display properties, advanced calculation techniques and worksheet data manipulation. The Outline and Web Integration section covers outlining worksheets and publishing a workbook as a Web page. The Charts and Drawing Objects section teaches creating and modifying a chart and drawing objects. The course teaches template and database integration, shared workbooks, consolidating data across workbooks, Data Analysis and Automation, data importing and querying, pivot tables, macros, and data analysis tools.
* Microsoft Outlook – This part of the course teaches the basics of Microsoft Outlook. Individuals will learn how to open and reply to e-mail messages, insert attachments in messages and schedule appointments in the Outlook Calendar. It also covers common utilities within Outlook and will enable the learner to become proficient in using Outlook, the advanced skills of scheduling meetings, tasks, and working with Outlook Journal and Notes. Lastly, the curriculum covers the advanced features of Outlook and will enable the learner to become an expert user to include message formats and templates, security tools and network configuration newsgroups, instant messaging and working remotely.
* Microsoft PowerPoint – Topics covered in this part of the course include the basics of PowerPoint, how to create and modify presentations, add graphics, presentation enhancements, how to insert charts and tables, import objects and make the final presentation as professional as possible.
* Microsoft Word – The student is introduced to the fundamental, advanced and expert user elements of Word. Topics covered include the creation of documents, use of Word Help, document enhancement, table and column management, in addition to visual enhancements to include WordArt, and graphics.