Medical Secretary Course with Pitman Training
Medical secretary courses enable students to pursue careers in medical administration settings. Students are taught all the necessary skills to undertake such roles with confidence. This Medical Secretary Diploma course teaches you all the vital skills necessary to act as a link between patient and doctor. Learn how to integrate the theory of highly technical medical terminology, complete complex administrative and technical tasks, compile confidential letters, type and record patient records, assist with medical journals and keep the office running effectively all in an accurate and timely manner.
Medical Secretary Course Modules and Selections
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Word Processing
- Medical Audio Transcription
- Socrates GP Practice Healthcare
Alternative Typaz Professional
- Audio Transcription Level 1
Alternative Word Expert
Alternative Excel Expert
- Effective Business Communication
In addition to the core modules you will also select one additional module of choice. Below are some recommendations but there are other options available. A course advisor will be able to help with this selection.
- Health and Safety Essentials
- Word Expert
- Successful Meetings and Minutes
Advantages of medical secretary training
- Having a specific qualification as a medical secretary will benefit those applying for such roles over those with general office skills qualifications
- This medical secretary course teaches valuable skills in areas such as creating medical reports and medical terminology
- The course is well recognised in the medical and health care profession
- The course can be completed part time or online at times that suit the student
- Pitman Training course advisors offer ongoing support and help to students throughout and on completion of study
Career prospects for medical administrators
Upon completion of your medical secretarial studies you will be able to apply for secretarial and administration roles in hospitals, GP practices, private clinics, medical laboratories, nursing homes, healthcare facilities and other more general secretary and office admin careers.