This online workshop aims to take the pain out of meetings and to introduce staff to the principles and techniques involved. Meetings are an important and integrated part of organisational communication consultation, debate and decision-making. Organisations need effective meetings but these do not happen without correct procedures, preparation and planning. The workshop is highly participative and will focus on providing an opportunity to participants to practise the skills needed to chair/or contribute effectively to meetings.
Upon completion of this training, participants will:
- understand of the principles and best practice of preparing for and conducting meetings
- learn the techniques most commonly encountered in meetings
- enhance skills in communication and assertiveness
- improve existing, or acquire new skills to maximise their contribution at meetings.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Why have a meeting
- different roles and responsibilities of staff attending meetings
- planning for meetings
- leading and managing a meeting effectively
- attending and contributing positively at meetings
- managing conflict, decision-making and assertiveness after meetings – what needs to be done and who is going to do it.
This course has been modified for online delivery. It is a four hour course that will be delivered over two x two hour modules (10:00 am – 12:00 noon and 1:00pm – 3:00pm). It will be delivered remotely via MS Teams and facilitated by a subject matter expert.