This ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management is specifically designed for senior managers and leaders who want to develop themselves as leaders and managers, who recognise they have to satisfy various stakeholders and also want to invest in their own personal brand. They may manage the day to day operations and activities, and in doing so seek to make the best use of their resources, understand the need to innovate and have a constant awareness of the need to optimise performance. They may also have to present arguments for change, construct business cases, lead change implementation and evaluate the impact of that change.
The ILM Diploma course is assessed through assignments and a research-based project. This project may be on a variety of topics across a range of strategic areas. By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Interactive Forums (with other learners), Online Library, Videos, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Am I eligible to enrol on this ILM Diploma course?
Read each of the following statements and answer Yes or No. If you answer Yes to all the questions, then you are eligible. If you wish to discuss with us, please contact the Student Support Team in the college, at 01-2865783.
- I am in a management role.
- I have a Level 7 or 8 Qualification which is on or aligned to the NFQ in Ireland and/or a minimum of 5 years in a senior management role.
- I am a fluent English speaker.
- I have excellent written business English skills.
- I can use a computer to produce documents, spreadsheets, presentations.
- I use online services (examples include social media, online shopping, online banking etc.)
- I will be able to undertake a strategic research project in my organisation as part of the course of learning.
- I will have access to stakeholders in order to present the findings of my research project and obtain feedback.
- I am capable of studying on my own initiative, and I understand that I will be required to complete additional research and reading as part of my studies on this programme.
- I have read the technical requirements and am satisfied that I meet these
Topics covered in this Level 9 ILM Diploma course
Unit 1: Developing and maintaining a high-performance culture
- Management v. Leadership
- Leadership development
- Leadership skills audit and action planning
- The Balanced Scorecard
Unit 2: Developing a high-level business case
- Internal and external drivers of the business case
- Evaluating options
- Non-financial benefits
- Financial analysis
- Recommendation and rationale
- Implementing the Business Case
Unit 3: Developing leadership through enquiry
- The purpose of EBR
- Defining the research problem
- Defining research objectives
- Secondary research
- Primary research
- Developing conclusions and recommendations
- Devising action plans
- Stakeholder Impact Analysis
- Communicating your report and recommendations