Dressmaking offers you a wonderful opportunity to create your own wardrobe at a fraction of the cost of clothes purchased from a boutique or a department store. Remember, the price of clothes in a shop reflects not only the cost of material but also the cost of design, labour, marketing, advertising in addition to overheads and profit margins for the manufacturer, the wholesaler and the retailer.
Our detailed Dressmaking course gives you the opportunity to learn the skills you need to dress the whole family in style using the latest fabrics and fashions while saving lots of money in the process.
There is a very wide range of home furnishings that can be easily made in the home when you have learned the basics in sewing and have had some practice. All you need is the ability to sew straight seams, a skill in knowing and handling fabrics, and the ability to measure accurately.
Your complete dressmaking kit is included with the course. This includes Pattern, Skirt material, Practice fabric, Lining, Hooks, Vilene, Thread, Zips, Tailor's chalk etc.
* Unit 1: Getting Started
* Unit 2: Creating your first garment
* Unit 3: Your skirt takes shape
* Unit 4: Inserting the zipper
* Unit 5: Lining your skirt
* Unit 6: Finishing touches
* Unit 7: Making your own blouse
* Unit 8: Stitching for shape
* Unit 9: The collar and sleeves
* Unit 10: Finishing your blouse