This is a highly practical distance learning Digital Marketing course is designed to equip learners with skills in (1) search engine optimisation, (2) pay-per-click advertising, (3) display advertising, (4) affiliate marketing, (5) online PR, (6) social media marketing, and (7) email marketing.
It is highly suited for those who are currently working with websites and wish to gain skills in online marketing, marketers who wish to acquire online marketing skills and business owners who wish to take advantage of the internet as a marketing channel for their business.
This distance learning, QQI accredited Digital Marketing course, means that learners can study flexibly at home, or at work, and gain a nationally accredited Qualification. The course is particularly relevant for those who currently work in marketing or in website development. It is also very suitable for small businesses owners who wish to improve their marketing effectiveness.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive course manual, video, quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified Digital Marketing course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback from your Tutor. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Digital Marketing course?
- Anyone working with websites who wants to acquire up-to-date skills in online marketing, e.g. web developers, web designers, content manager, webmasters.
- Anyone working in a marketing role, in a company, or in an agency, who wishes to acquire online marketing skills.
- Business owners who wish to take advantage of the internet as a marketing channel for their business.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in marketing by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 4 Certificate or Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or relevant life experience detailed in a current Curriculum Vitae. Please provide details and attach a copy of either a current CV or Certificate.
- As this NFQ level 5 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
Topics covered in this Digital Marketing course
Unit 1: Introduction to Marketing
Unit 2: Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing
Unit 3: Developing a Digital Marketing Plan
Unit 4: Search Engine Optimisation
Unit 5: Online Advertising and Affiliate Marketing
Unit 6: Online PR, Social Media Marketing, and Email Marketing
This course is assessed through completion of a Project and a Portfolio of Work. This entails development of a marketing plan for a website and written work.
All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam for this course.
As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 5 component certificate in Digital Marketing (5N1364).
Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.