The CSI and Forensic Science Advanced diploma is an action packed course designed to provide you with the latest skills of Crime scene investigation.
The course examines the entire process of conducting forensic science from the collection of evidence at the crime scene, through the examination of that evidence, to the presentation of how the evidence is processed. It is the first course of its kind in Ireland.
Held one night per week, over 7 months, from CMI School in Dublin 2.
The programme is endorsed and recognised by the world renowned Chartered Forensic Science Society CFSSoc (UK).
The life of a real Crime Scene Investigator is examined as well as methods and procedures used in attending crime scenes. Students will be trained how to use a Forensic CSI Kit which will include: Protective Clothing, CSI Tape to preserve crime scene, Evidence bags, Cards, Swabs and finger print powder. Each student will then be required to attend a mock crime scene and collect evidence.
The core modules covered are:
- Introduction to Forensic Science
- Crime Scene Types & The Crime Scene
- Trace and Contact Evidence: fibres, glass, hairs, paint and soil
- Impressions: Footwear marks, instrument marks, glove marks and tyres, fingerprints
- Body Fluids Examination, Tests, BPA
- Analysis of DNA: DNA Profiling
- Questioned Documents
- Drugs of Abuse & Forensic Toxicology
- Forensic Pathology & Forensic Human Identification
- The investigation of a fire scene
- Explosions & Explosives
- Attend Mock Crime Scene- Collect Evidence
- Forensic Science in Court – Part 1 & 2
- Attend Court & Present Statement
- Forensic Strategy & Crime Scene Management
Call 014927070 for more info or check out www.cmi-ireland.com