Study our Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies QQI Level 6 distance learning course and you will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for dealing with child protection issues.
The objective of this distance learning QQI accredited childcare course is to provide you with an understanding of social policy and legislation relevant to early childhood education and care settings, children and their families and the skills necessary for dealing with child protection issues. The course aims to promote good practice, equality and respect for diversity in early childhood education and care.
Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies Course Details
Learners who successfully complete this course will:-
– Evaluate a range of factors influencing and impacting on children's health and wellbeing to include family structure, community, culture, education, health, social services and social status
– Evaluate child protection guidelines in relation to the protection of children and staff
– Assess statutory regulations and national practice guidelines, which relate directly to and impact on early childhood care and education settings
– Examine national and international social policy and how it impacts on the wellbeing of children and families
– Implement procedures for dealing with specific child protection issues
– Evaluate the relevance of policies and procedures which safeguard children within ECCE settings
An experienced Kilroy's College tutor will help you to progress, at your own pace, through each study unit. The programme is delivered online or by post. It is an entirely flexible way of learning and you can literally study this childcare course from anywhere and at a time that suits you.
Who is this Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies course for?
This course is suitable for childcare facility owners, managers, supervisors and individuals already involved in or new to childcare who wish to gain a professional, nationally recognised and accredited qualification in childcare through distance learning.
The preferred entry level for this Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies course is Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experience or QQI Level 5 Certificate or equivalent.
Qualification and progression
On successful completion of this course you will receive a QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies (6N1945) from QQI.
Unit 1: Factors in health and well-being
Unit 2: Skills required for meeting stakeholders' needs
Unit 3: Child protection guidelines
Unit 4: Legislation and best practice
Unit 5: National and international social policy and how it impacts on the wellbeing of children and families
Unit 6: Policies and procedures
Unit 7: Child protection concerns
Unit 8: Our attitudes and their results
Unit 9: Learning goals – personal and team
This course is divided into 9 study units. You will be assessed through completion of a project and two assignments. This will include demonstration of your understanding and application of concepts, selection of relevant research techniques and sources of information and also your ability to analyse, evaluate, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
On the successful completion of your course, you will receive a QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies (6N1945) from QQI in recognition of your educational achievement.