The overall aim of the Certified Mediation training programme is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of Mediation as well as expertise in mediation skills for the management of workplace and organisational conflicts and disputes.
- Those who want to become accredited Professional Mediators
- Those who wish to use mediation skills in their area of work or profession
- Managers, HR practitioners, team leaders, consultants, advisers and others who negotiate and deal with conflict and dispute resolution
- Officials and non full-time Trade Union representatives
- Anybody with responsibility for resolving workplace disputes and conflict who wishes to enhance their skills in this area
On completion of this training programme, students will have an understanding of:
- Mediation as a mechanism for dispute resolution and its appropriate use
- The five step framework for mediation and how to manage the mediation process
- The role of the Mediator
- The types and causes of conflict
- Their own personal skills development needs in relation to working as a Mediator
- Why mediation, as a process, is rapidly developing in various facets of Irish society and business
Students will also have developed appropriate mediation related skills through practice, reflection and feedback.
Delivery and Duration
This programme is run in three x two day modules over a two to three month period. It is highly participative and practical. Learning approaches include short lecture inputs and facilitated group discussion. Much of the learning happens from insights derived from ‘working-through’ case studies/role plays as well as from on-going feedback during these sessions.
It is intended that all modules of this programme will take place on-site at the IPA Premises in Ballsbridge, Dublin D04 TC62.
The next programmes are scheduled to take place on these dates:
Programme: January to March 2022
Module 1: 25 – 26 January 2022
Module 2: 22 – 23 February 2022
Module 3: 22 – 23 March 2022
Programme: March to April 2022
Module 1: 8 – 9 March 2022
Module 2: 29 – 30 March 2022
Module 3: 26 – 27 April 2022
Programme: September to November 2022
Module One: 27 – 28 September 2022
Module Two: 11 – 12 October 2022
Module Three: 8 – 9 November 2022
Places on this programme are limited and early booking is recommended to secure a place.
This Certified Mediation Training Programme is accredited by the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland (MII).
For those wishing to practice as professional mediators, this 60 hour programme is accredited by the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland (MII) and leads to ‘Certified Member’ status of the MII. On successful completion of this training programme and a further and separate ‘Assessment Day’, successful candidates are eligible to register at ‘Certified Member’ level of the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland.
Students are required to complete an agreed mediation related project prior to the final module. Evaluation happens via ongoing assessment throughout the programme as well as satisfactory completion and presentation of the mediation related project. Attendance at all three modules is a requirement for certification.