Beauty Therapy 5M3471
This one-year course will prepare students for the ever-expanding world of beauty therapy and spa treatments. This is the ideal starting point for a successful and fulfilling career in beauty therapy. Students develop the required skills to work in a professional beauty salon and also perfect the customer communication essential to its success. Beauty Therapy is a thriving profession. There are continuing developments in beauty products, beauty therapy equipment, practices and procedures. Levels of education and training are being upgraded in parallel with changing professional therapists’ requirements. This course caters for school leavers and mature learners. It is an intense, one-year programme, which requires a high level of commitment and enthusiasm.
- Body Massage and Figure Analysis
- Safety and Health at Work
- Skin Care, Eye Treatments and Make-up
- Word Processing
- Manicure, Pedicure and Waxing
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Work Experience
- Beauty Industry, Ethics and Practice
- Customer Service
- Start Your Own Business
- Retail Selling
- ITEC Certification *
*Offered in addition to QQI Level 5
• ITEC Diploma in Beauty Specialist
• QQI Level 5 in Beauty Therapy 5M3471
• Gel Polish Training AIT accredited (Assoc. of International Therapists)
Last year this course had 100% employability within the Beauty and spa industry.
Graduates who qualify in this area can pursue a career in beauty salons, make-up and skin care consultancies, or work in leisure centres, on cruise liners or in health farms and spas. Graduates can also pursue careers as a therapist company representative or a massage therapist. Graduates may further their study at Level 6 in the beauty industry or any Level 7 or Level 8 courses at TUD Blanchardstown, Technological University of the Shannon Limerick, Dun Laoghaire, IADT and other Technological Universities around the country.
EXAMPLES OF HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRESSION:
Dunboyne: 6M3479 Beauty Therapy (Level 6, 1 Year)
Technological University of the Shannon Limerick: LC396 Business Studies with Beauty & Spa Services (Level 7, 3 Years)
Munster Technological University Tralee: TL872
Health and Leisure with Massage (Level 8, 4 Years)
South East Technological University Carlow: CW188 Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy (Level 8, 4 Years)
• To successfully complete ITEC qualifications student must meet ITEC attendance requirements • Leaving Cert or LCA • Mature students of all backgrounds • Other equivalent qualification All applicants may be interviewed regardless of previous qualifications.
Apply directly at www.dunboynecollege.ie