Since the beginning of May, CAO applicants will have had the option of registering an online change of course choices, free of charge. Those who change their choices online receive an acknowledgement to the e-mail address used at the application stage. There is no fee for using the Change of Mind facility.
- Subject to the exceptions and restrictions mentioned below, you may change course choices (without fee) as often as you wish, up to 17:15 on the 1st July
- If you submit a Change of Mind it cancels and supersedes all the previous course choices in any category in which changes are made. However, choices in the two categories (Level 8 and Level 7/6) are considered to be completely separate from each other for this purpose e.g. a change of Level 8 course choices will not affect Level 7/6 choices.
- If you do not wish to change the courses in one category, do not submit a change. Your original courses in that category will remain unchanged.
- Do not mix courses from different categories (Level 8 and Level 7/6) and make sure to list all of your course choices for the particular category which you change.
- Except for Restricted Application Courses/Restricted Categories of applicant (see page 3 of the CAO handbook and below), you may enter on the form courses which did not appear on your original application.
- Watch the `CAO Change of Mind` video for a step-by-step guide to the process.
- Restricted courses
You may not enter on a Change of Mind any restricted courses.
Exception: you may be permitted to introduce a restricted course which shares the exact same assessment procedures with a course you had applied for by 1st February at 17:15 – you should consult with the relevant HEI before introducing such a course.
- Mature applicants
Individual admitting HEIs may impose restrictions on Change of Mind for mature applicants. These are generally the same as for late applications. Mature applicants should make enquiries from individual Admissions Offices before introducing new course choices after 1st February.
Change of Mind notifications
If you make a change of mind you will receive an e-mail to confirm your new course choices. You can also log in to your account via the My Application facility to confirm that all of your details are recorded completely and correctly.
It is very important that your course choices should be absolutely correct. Therefore, if you are going to be absent at the time when the revised statement is due, you must arrange for someone to check that it arrives and, when it arrives, that the contents are correct and accurately reflect your wishes.
Errors and Omissions
Do not wait until August to notify us of errors or omissions as it will be too late to do anything about them at that stage.
If you applied to CAO using a paper application form, and you have not yet logged in to your CAO account online, you can do so by going to ‘My Application’, click on the forgotten password link and follow the steps to obtain a password. You can then log in with your CAO application number, your date of birth and your new password to use the online Change of Mind facility.