Zoology is one field that many people wish to enter since childhood. Let ICI’s zoo keeper/zoology course make that dream come true as you complete the following units:
1. Breeding Animals
– Cross and Pure Breeding
2. Animal Diseases and Diagnoses
– Types of Diseases
– Diagnosing Diseases
3. Vertebrate Zoology
– The Animal Kingdom
– Classification and Characteristics of Animals
4. Animal Behaviour and Psychology
– Social Behaviour
– Instinct, Training and Handling
5. Animal Health Care
– Health Care Facilities
– Common Health Issues
– First Aid
6. Zoo Keeping
– Enclosures and Holding Facilities
– Animal Husbandry
– Working in a Zoo
Employment opportunities aren’t many for aspiring zoo keepers, and soon as the vacancy is announced, competition can be stiff. Hence, you need studies and training that will let you gain an advantage over other applicants.
A zoo keeper’s duties typically include care and maintenance of animals such as food preparation and keeping enclosures clean and safe. Oftentimes, they are required to make detailed observations as well as assist in capturing and restraining animals. Keeping records is usually part of the job too.
Aside from becoming a zoo keeper, the course can also pave the way for jobs like VET assistant and wild life officer. You can also work for animal hospitals and daycare centers, impound centers and protection agencies. Specialized animal management areas and exotic animals are often handled by specialist zoo keepers.
– Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
– Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
– Study a course that was designed in consultation with the industry
– Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
– Easy interest-free payment plans
For more information about this course, please enquire via the enquiry form now.