If you are interested in how athletes achieve success from a human body and movement point of view or how the human body responds to physical activity, then this course is for you. Pre-University Sports Science course is engaging, and it will develop your knowledge, skills and confidence in the area.
- 5N2751 Laboratory Skills
- 5N2746 Biology
- 5N2747 Chemistry
- 5N1460 Physics
- 5N0690 Communications
- 5N1356 Work experience
- 5N4648 Sports Anatomy and Physiology
- 5N2668 Exercise and Fitness
- 5N1358 Word Processing
- 5N1833 Mathematics
5M3807 – QQI Level 5 Certificate in Laboratory Techniques
Graduates progress to employment in various areas including those listed below.
PE Teaching| Sports Scientist | Wellness Coordinator | Sports Coach | Senior Sports Development Coordinator| Sports Development Officer | Fitness Consultant| Athletics Manager.
Degree Progression Options
- AIT | Sports Science with Exercise Physiology | Level 8
- DCU | Sports Science & Health | Level 8
- SLIGO IT | Health Science & Physical Activity | Level 8
- TU Dublin | Sports Science & Health | Level 8
- CARLOW IT | Sport & Exercise Science | Level 8
- GMIT | Sport & Exercise Science | Level 8