Award: NFQ Level 9 Minor Award
Lean is a set of management strategies and tools that is geared to improve process flow while eliminating waste and improving quality. This Lean Black Belt course, aims to develop participants’ process improvement skills, and will provide education and practical application to a Black Belt level in Lean. A company-based project will form a key element of the programme, ensuring the integration of the various concepts in the participants’ workplace.
The Diploma is aimed at:
- Managers, engineers, supervisors and technicians who have responsibility for quality or continuous improvement within their organisations and also those who wish to develop knowledge and skills in the area of Lean systems.
- Those who are responsible for or actively engaged in organisational improvement and development through the use of quality management. tools and techniques.
- Those who seek recognition as a Black Belt in Lean.
Participants will learn to:
- Understand both theory and practical application of quality management tools and techniques to improve operational outcomes and efficiency.
- Apply Lean methodology to help organisations improve performance by systematically removing waste.
- Support performance and production goals across a variety of industry sectors in both manufacturing and services, including the public sector.
This flexible programme lets students take three taught modules over two semesters. In addition to the
taught modules, an in-company project will ensure a strong focus on the integration of the concepts tools
and techniques in the participant’s organisation during the course of the programme. Course delivery combines traditional distance education with online learning.
Relevant primary degree (Level 8) or recognised professional qualification and 1-3 years relevant industrial experience.
Where an applicant does not meet the minimum entry requirements above, an offer of a place on the course may be made in exceptional circumstances. Where an applicant does not meet the
entry requirements above, an offer of a place on the programme may be made in exceptional circumstances where the candidate provides a portfolio of evidence to support prior learning, and the application of learning and competence in the area.
This programme forms part of the MSc in Strategic Quality Management Lean Sigma Systems. Those who have completed this programme may continue on to the MSc. If you are planning to progress to the Masters, please be aware that this is available as an executive apprenticeship with 85% funding.